Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need orthodontics?

For most people, achieving a healthy, beautiful smile is the reason for receiving orthodontic care. If you're self-conscious about your smile, correcting your concerns with braces will greatly improve the way you look and feel. Orthodontic treatment can also improve the overall health of your teeth and gums.

What is the best time to start:

While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven. About 25% of children will need treatment while they still have baby teeth. The other 75% of children will not need to start treatment until they have all of their permanent teeth. Getting a check up early is important to make sure we can catch problems that can be treated early.

What are some signs that braces are needed?

How long will treatment last?

Treatment time varies and can last between one and three years, depending on several factors including age, treatment method, and how minor or severe your case is. A big factor in a successful treatment is you! The more involved and diligent you are, the more efficient your treatment will be. For children, receiving interceptive or early treatment can also help provide a quicker treatment time.

How often are appointments scheduled?

Your first appointment will be a consultation appointment where we will outline your treatment options and review financial information. The next appointment is a records appointment. At this time, impressions, photographs, and radiographs will be taken. At the third visit, typically the Doctor will place your new orthodontic appliances. After that appointments are typically scheduled about every six weeks.

Should I see my family dentist while I have braces?

Yes. It is very important to have your teeth cleaned two or three times per year at your family dentistís office. Clean teeth help decrease treatment time, and decrease the risk of cavities and gum problems.

Must my family dentist refer me for an orthodontic appointment with your office?

No. You may call anytime to schedule an appointment for a consultation at our office. We will be in communication with your general or pediatric dentist to discuss your orthodontic treatment.

How does my insurance work, and do you have payment plans?

We participate with most insurance plans, which means you will maximize your insurance benefits. We also have generous interest free payment plans available.


When your treatment is complete, you will have the smile you've always dreamed of and the confidence to show it off! We also want you to feel comfortable and confident throughout your entire orthodontic experience, and our practice is dedicated to making sure that you receive the quality care you deserve.